Breakfast: Groovy Tangy Raw Smoothie (recipe adapted from a previous post)
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup filtered water
I didn't have any raspberries today, so I used blueberries instead. The smoothie turned a dark purple colour and was delicious.
Lunch: Raw Sweet Corn and Cashew Chowder (recipe from Ani Phyo via Food & Wine)
- 3 1/4 cups fresh yellow corn kernels (from 4 large ears)
- 2 cups water (I only used 1)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (I used 1 teaspoon of sea salt)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped cilantro leaves (for garnish)
- Freshly ground pepper
Dinner: Smoothie repeat
I was feeling a bit under the weather today, so I didn't feel like eating the dinner I had planned (I'll save that recipe for next week). Instead I made myself another smoothie (similar to the one from this morning).
Dessert: Raw Peaches & "Cream" (recipe from 101 Cookbooks)
- 3 peaches
- 1/2 cup whole raw cashews
- 2-4 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
Soak the cashews for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse. In a blender or food processor, blend cashews, honey, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt until smooth. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Peel the peaches and slice into thin slices. Fold the cashew sauce into the sliced peaches. Spoon the peach and cashew mixture into dessert cups. Allow to chill for an hour or two in the refrigerator.
I still managed to chow down this yummy dessert, despite feeling a bit sick today (LOL!). The cinnamon and nutmeg gives it a spicy flavour that was quite nice. Again this was originally a pie recipe, but I have omitted the pie. Next week I should be making my first raw pie when some visitors come. YAY! Until 'then ...