- 2 cups parsnips, washed and cubed
- ½ cup pine nuts
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cup water
Combine everything (except the water) in the food processor. Slowly add the water until the desired consistency - some people like stiff potatoes, others like them runny. I opted to julienne my parsnips first because my food processor isn't that powerful.
Festive Raw Cranberry Sauce
Holy poop! I can't believe I ever used to eat this out of a can. This recipe is so simple and so tasty. Definitely a keeper for the holidays.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled (I used Ginger Gold)
- 1 orange (zest first then peel, cut & quarter)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 5 dates, pitted
- raw sweetener (to taste or none at all)
Combine everything in the food processor. If you like it chunky, then just pulse in the processor. If you like it smooth, then the blender might be a better choice.
Ani's Raw All American Apple Pie (recipe from Ani Phyo's Ani's Raw Food Kitchen)
I've had my eye on this recipe for a while now. With the leaves falling and the crisp Autumn air coming in, apples are at their peak in my corner of the world. So why wait any longer?! Serve à la mode with a dollop of raw serve. I halved Ani's original recipe, so the picture is a mini apple pie.
ALMOND PIE CRUST -
- 2 cups almonds, dry
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- splash of water, as needed to make the blender go round
- 5 cups apples, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced, about 5 or 6 apples
- 1 cup raisins and/or dried cranberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
The directions for this pie aren't on Ani's website, so I won't publish them here. However, you can watch Ani making this pie on ABC here.
Happy (cruelty-free) Thanksgiving everyone!! Wishing you all lots of ...