Thursday 22 October 2009

Organic Vegan Halloween Candy


Halloween is fast approaching. Do you hand out candy at your house? Chances are (even if you're a health food nut like myself) you do. What is a healthy conscious vegan supposed to do on Halloween? Thanks to various whack-jobs with a large supply of needles on hand, the days of handing out apples are unfortunately behind us. Hand out raisins you might say, well you might as well hang out a sign that says, "egg my house please".

That's why this year I'll be handing out candy from Pure Fun, an organic candy company that makes vegan, kosher, gmo-free, gluten-free, and allergy free candies. Pure Fun's Halloween kit comes with 30 lollipops including a superfood flavour - goji. These lollipops are also sold at a price that is about the same as conventional Halloween treats -only $4.29. A great deal if you ask me. The ginger candy works wonders on a sore throat, although probably too spicy for trick-or-treaters.

Sure it's not "health food" but at least you'll be supporting an organic company and more than likely introducing a lot of kids to organics. Best of all you can have the leftover lollies!

Happy Halloween!


3 comments:

shannonmarie said...

Those are a good choice. I like the Endangered Species chocolate squares myself. Yum!

Anju said...

Those chocolate bars are good, and the $ goes to a great cause too! I buy them for myself sometimes, but for Halloween it might be a bit pricey, especially if you're expecting a lot of trick-or-treaters like I am.

Mary Mo said...

I know what I'm giving out on Oct 31st!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis