- Oil (to sautee)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 cups mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 medium zucchinis (diced)
- 2 cups corn
- handful of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 chive (finely chopped)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled & chopped into large chunks)
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled & chopped into large chunks)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soymilk
- 1 tsp red chili pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
Place the chopped squash and sweet potato in a large pot. Fill with enough water to cover the vegetables. Add a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain.
Heat some oil in a pan on medium. Add the onion and garlic and sautee until the onions turn translucent. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, corn and chilies. Season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes (or until the vegetables soften). Mix in the chopped parsley.
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Add the soymilk to the squash and potatoes. With a potato masher (or use a fork if you don't have one) mash the squash and potatoes. Add the chives and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
Spread the sauteed mushroom mixture evenly in a casserole dish. Top with the squash and potato. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top is brown.