Tuesday 11 August 2009

Raw Organic Biodynamic Dill

This weekend I drove out to my local biodynamic farm and picked up some goodies. All the herbs were so green and fragrant, but the dill especially caught my eye (& my nose)! Check out my post on Thursday for more info on biodynamics and organics.

Breakfast: Raw Banana Cereal

Pretty much exactly the same as last week's cereal, except I used a banana cookie flavoured LĂ„RABAR . Check out this video of Ani Phyo assembling a similar raw cereal made with SmartMonkey bars.

Lunch: Avoco-Dill Raw Salad Palate (recipe from gone raw)

  • 1 whole avocado, sliced into bite size pieces
  • 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
  • 1/2 large cucumber, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon olive oil (cold pressed)
  • 1 small bunch of dill, coarsely chopped
  • pinch of sea salt

Toss everything in a large bowl. This is such a simple and delicious lunch.

Dinner: Raw Zucchini Noodles with Raw Sunny Dill Cheeze (cheeze recipe from Ani Phyo)

  • 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 bunch dill
  • 1/2 cup water, as needed

Place sunflower seeds and garlic into food processor, and process into small pieces. Next, add remaining ingredients and mix well. You can vary the amount of dill you add to achieve a different taste. I loaded up on the dill, and the result was a mint green cheeze that tasted heavenly. Serve over a spirialized zucchini.

This recipe made a lot, so I know what I'm having for lunch for the next few days. ^_^

Dessert: Raw Chocolate Cherry Cobbler (recipe from gone raw)

I was planning on having this raw cobbler for dessert tonight, but the dill sauce with the raw noodles were so filling, that I ended up just eating a bowl of cherries for dessert tonight. This recipe looks good though, so I'll probably make it next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis