Now no more chit chat, here's the recipe:
for the cupcakes -
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup raw evaporated cane sugar (would be lovely to substitute coconut sugar if you can)
- 1/2 cup shredded dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk (hemp milk might be nice too)
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut oil
- agave, honey or coconut nectar (to taste)
- shredded dried coconut (for garnish)
When the cupcakes are cooled, whip together the coconut oil and sweetener. Give each one a generous dollop of frosting and then sprinkle with more shredded coconut.
It really can't get any more coconutty than this!
What could be better ... um ... how 'bout chocolate gluten-free coconut cupcakes with chocolate coconut frosting!!
I just couldn't resist trying out a chocolate version. Simply add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to the batter (chocolate chips in there might be nice too) and add some cocoa powder to the coconut oil frosting.