Friday 3 December 2010

Sweet Sesame Sattvic Smoothie


I created this one late night when I had soaked a lot of dates and I just couldn't bring myself to dump the date soak water down the drain ...

Sweet Sesame Smoothie
  • 1 handful of dates, soaked for a few hours in 1 cup of fresh filtered water
  • 1/2 cup raw tahini (make sure there is only one ingredient listed on the label: sesame seeds)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Combine everything (including the date soak water) in the blender and mix until frothy. Add more/less dates depending on the sweetness you like.

Enjoy the sweet sesame goodness!

 

2 comments:

nya said...

this sounds excellent...i usually make dates smoothie using only dates, milk and ice, but this is an interesting twist:)

Anju said...

Thanks for the comment nya. Ice would make a nice addition to this smoothie. I forgot to mention in the post that I soaked the dates overnight in the refrigerator, so the water was COLD. It made a chilled frothy drink, YUM! I would love to have one right now, but I'm in India and I don't have a fridge ... or a blender ... or any tahini. HA! I'll have to wait until May ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lawyer-ish Stuff:

All content, photographs, and text provided on this site are the property of Shanghai Monkey, unless otherwise specified, and cannot be reproduced in any form without permission of the author. All content is intended for personal use only and cannot be reproduced for sale.



© 2019 Shanghai Monkey. All rights reserved.

ShareThis